Saturday, April 10, 2010

Awesome merchants in Downtown

I found this blog about our little hidden gem called Downtown Mesa. I know outsiders think this is all you get when you come to our town. But we know better, huh? You gotta love the reference to crack and other antique stores!

Loot.
I been shoppin' for old stuff again.

We hit the Antique Plaza on Main in downtown Mesa. This place is huge and has two levels! It's amazing how much old crap was crammed in there. I brought home some more pretties. Behold:

A milk glass planter/vase, a gold rimmed milk glass bowl, a milk glass reamer, a milk glass bowl/dish, a vintage apron, a cheese slicer, and a gold rimmed (supposedly 22kt?) milk glass egg plate.

But the best find? That citrus reamer. I saw it the minute we walked in the door. There's a big stairwell that leads to the basement, and it was on a shelf down there. I had my husband go see what the price on it was, and it turned out to be only $8!!! Take that, you crack smoking, $65 dollar charging antique vendors at the other place!!! It's pretty too - much nicer than the ones that say Sunkist on the side that I've been finding. I'm so happy with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment